Upper Chichester Township
Tax Resource Links
Tax Resource Links
Posted on January 21, 2022
Get Ready for the 2022 Real Estate Tax Season
- Is your mailing address Correct?
- Go to the County Web site to check, use this link and enter your address or Folio number.
- If changes are needed, you will need to file a Request for mailing address change
- Is your property your primary Home?
- Check to see if you are getting the Homestead exclusion which can reduce your School Taxes if eligible
- Go to the county link for more details, filing deadline is March 1
- Property Reassessment
- Delaware County Tax Reassessment & Appeals FAQ
- Earned Income Tax Questions
- When Can I expect my Tax Bill?
- Upper Chichester Township Taxes are mailed out the first week in February
- Delaware County Taxes are normally mailed out the first week in February and are collected by the County
- Upper Chichester School Taxes are mailed out the first week in July
- Did you know?
- Delaware County maintains all of the property records such as property owner, mailing address, assessment values, etc. and that any updates need to be done by the county.
- Your tax bill is generated by using the information from the county along with the Township and School millage rates.
- Once Tax bills are generated and entered into the tax collecting software, ownership records in the software are not updated as properties are bought and sold. New owners should contact my office if they do not receive a bill and the taxes are not paid at closing.
- When refinancing your mortgage, check to confirm that all taxes are paid. Sometimes due to the timing of the refi and mailing of the bills, neither mortgage company pays the tax bill. To avoid an unexpected late notice, check during the closing process to ensure that the taxes are paid.
- The Tax Collector is an Elected office and is not a full time position with the Township.