Upper Chichester Township
Round # 3 of Delco Strong Grants
Round # 3 of Delco Strong Grants
Grants Available to Assist Local Businesses and Non-Profits during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Online application window opens on November 2
On October 21, Delaware County Council unanimously voted to authorize the use of remaining, already allocated CARES Act funding to further assist Delaware County businesses and non-profit organizations that have suffered loss from business interruptions due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Modeled after the popular Delco Strong and Delco Strong 2 grant programs offered in May and July, “Delco Strong 3” will allow Delaware County businesses and non-profit organizations to apply for a grant.
Council’s vote authorizes up to $3.5 million in additional Delco Strong grants to be distributed to eligible small businesses and non-profit organizations. Business owners and non-profit organizations can apply online beginning on November 2. Businesses are eligible for up to $20,000. Non-profits are eligible for up to $50,000.
Recognizing the critical need to provide support to Delaware County’s local business community during the COVID-19 pandemic, Delaware County launched the Delco Strong program in April and offered a second round of funding in July and included non-profit organizations. Eligible applicants were able to apply for grants to be used for rent, mortgage, utilities, and inventory.
“Delco Strong and Delco Strong 2 have helped our struggling business and non-profit communities to stay open during this extremely challenging time in the midst of the pandemic,” said Delaware County Councilwoman Elaine Schaefer. “Delco Strong 3 allows us to continue to support them. We are doing everything we can to help them get back on their feet and help them stay open.
For-Profit Business Grants:
All for-profit businesses headquartered in Delaware County, with annual revenue of less than $9 million, and incurring economic loss due to COVID-19 are eligible to apply.
- Applications for grants from for-profit businesses will be accepted from Monday, November 2 at 5:00a.m. through Friday, November 6 at 5:00p.m. Applications will not be accepted before or after that time.
- Businesses with annual revenue of up to $4.5 million are eligible for up to $10,000. Businesses with annual revenue of up to $9 million are eligible for up to $20,000.
- Applications can be submitted online through the Delco Strong website: https://delcostrong.delcopa.org/
- Applications can also be dropped offin person at the Delaware County Commerce Center. (100 W 6th St # 100, Media, PA.) Mailed applications will not be accepted.
- Applicants should visit the website for detailed program eligibility requirements and specific instructions regarding the application process, including hours of operation, deadlines, and information providing technical assistance for online applications.
Non-Profit Organization Grants:
- Applications for grants from non-profit organizations will be accepted from November 2 at 9:00a.m through November 13 at 5:00p.m.
- Applications can be submitted through The Foundation for Delaware County’s website. Details about the application process can be found here: https://delcofoundation.org/delco-strong-3/
- All non-profit grant applications must be submitted online. Mailed and hand-delivered applications will not be accepted.
"The Foundation for Delaware County is grateful to County Council for recognizing the essential nonprofits in Delaware County, many of which have seen demand for services triple while they manage with fewer volunteers and razor-thin margins. An additional round of funding will help many of them get through the tough winter ahead.” said Frances Sheehan, President of The Foundation for Delaware County. “We encourage all nonprofits headquartered in Delaware County with less than $15 million in revenues to apply online. Help us spread the word about this important funding opportunity.”
The Delco Strong 3 program (for-profit businesses) is administered by the Delaware County Economic Development Oversight Board, which together with The Foundation for Delaware County will administer the non-profit community portion. The program is funded entirely by a County Council grant in the amount of $3.5 million
“ It’s clear that our community continues to suffer the negative economic effects of the pandemic,” said Patrick Killian, Director of the Delaware County Commerce Center. “I commend County Council for their continued leadership and extraordinary financial commitment to ensuring that the economic bedrock of our community will remain Delco Strong because of their actions.”
The first round of Delco Strong awarded 790 grants with over $7 million in funding to business owners. Eligible applicants were initially able to apply for up to $7,500. All grantees from Delco Strong 1 were offered “Delco Strong Boost” which awarded additional funds. 770 of the 790 grantees availed of or accepted Delco Strong Boost.
The second round of Delco Strong awarded $4.3 million in funding to 462 business owners and over $2 million to 73 Delaware County nonprofit organizations. Businesses were eligible for up to $20,000. Non-profits were eligible for up to $50,000.
Delaware County Council was the first county in the Southeast Region to offer COVID-19 response funding to non-profit organizations. The Foundation for Delaware County assisted in administering and evaluating the applicants for the program.
A detailed breakdown of the Delco Strong 1 and 2 programs can be found here: