The Department of Public Works is responsible for the operation of the pick-up and safe disposal of trash. Trash pick-up is collected once a week throughout the year. The safety of our workers is extremely important as well as the cleanliness of our community. We ask residents to be considerate of your community, Township employees, and neighbors.
- All rubbish and garbage must be placed at curbside no later than 6:00 AM on your scheduled pickup day.
- Residents may place garbage at curbside no earlier than 6:30 PM the night before your scheduled pickup day.
- All containers must be removed from the curbside no later than 7:00 PM of your scheduled pickup day.
- Items may be placed in a container of your choice, but the container must be no larger than 40 gallons and weigh no more than 30 pounds.
Please take the following precautionary steps:
- Please do not place any chemicals (ex: gasoline, oil, pool chemicals, etc) in trash. They must be disposed of at a Household Hazardous Waste Event.
- Trash must be placed into containers at curbside
- Make sure your trash containers have lids that can be securely fastened to prevent trash from blowing around.
- Tie paper into bundles before placing into your containers.
- Refrain from throwing loose trash into containers.
- Pick up any loose trash around your home and place in trash cans.
Violation of Trash Collection Provisions
Codification Chapter 484 Article 9 – Any person, firm or corporation who shall violate any provision of this Chapter shall, upon conviction thereof, be sentenced to pay a fine of not more than $1,000, together with the costs of prosecution, and, in default of payment of such fine and costs, shall be subject to imprisonment for a term not to exceed 30 days. Every day that a violation of this article continues shall constitute a separate offense.
Holiday and Weather Emergency Schedule
Delayed collection due to holidays, snow, or weather emergency conditions preventing collection service on the regularly scheduled date will result in the collections being made on the next calendar day following the end of the snow or weather emergency with the exception of the Thanksgiving Holiday. That collection will be collected the Wednesday prior.
The Township provides curbside pickup service to residents seeking to dispose of old appliances, furniture, mattresses, box springs, etc free of charge. All items must be placed at curbside no later than 6:00 AM on your scheduled pickup day. Residents may place garbage at curbside no earlier than 6:30 PM the night before the day of the scheduled pickup.
- Mattresses and Boxsprings must be covered in plastic for removal.
- Residents may place up to three (3) burnable items curbside for trash pickup per week.
- Residents will need to call the Public Works Department and schedule pickup for metal items. Deadline to schedule is Tuesday before 12:00 PM. Metal items will be collected Wednesdays, opposite recycling week. Please refer to the Trash Collection Calendar for dates.