Upper Chichester Township
Employment Opportunity Available
Employment Opportunity Available
Upper Chichester Township has an immediate opening in our License and Inspection department for the position of Full Time Administrative Assistant / Permit Coordinator. This position is an entry level municipal government position ideal for someone looking to start a career in Local Government Administration. The incumbent has been promoted within the Township and will be providing on the job training and ongoing support the position.
The Upper Chichester Township License and Inspection Department is a relatively busy department, and the Administrative Assistant / Permit Coordinator plays a vital role in processing the almost 5000 permits, licenses, and certificates annually. This fast-paced environment offers an opportunity to learn on the job as well as gain exposure to the various services a municipality offers the community.
While the duties are varied and listed below, the ideal candidate will be able to provide a high level of customer service to internal and external customers, be able to work independently and as part of a team in a multigenerational office, effectively utilize technology to streamline day to day tasks, and have a passion for Local Government.
Position: Full Time Administrative Assistant / Permit Coordinator
Department: Administration / License and Inspections
Reports To: Township Manager
Summary of Duties:
The Administrative Assistant role is a hybrid customer service and clerical position. The individual serves as the first point of contact for customers assisting in answering FAQ’s, accepting permit applications, and directing customers to the appropriate department personnel when needed. At the direction of the Township Manager, this individual completes all necessary day-to-day administrative duties for the department including processing of forms, filing of records, directing incoming phone calls, among other duties, which may vary from time to time.
Greet and assist all customers seeking assistance from the department
Greet and assist all customers with filing any and all Permit Applications
Answer all incoming calls for department
Maintain a pleasant demeanor with all customers and coworkers
Accepts all License and Inspection Department applications and properly records payment of fees
Manages the workflow of all Licenses, Permits, and various other applications
Serves as the point of contact, coordination with coordinators / administrative assistants at Third Party Inspection Agencies
Performs general clerical duties – maintain paper and digital filing system, including ensuring all necessary information during the day is recorded in the Townships database.
Prepares Monthly reports for department
Working with the Township Secretary and various other staff to prepare content for the Township Website, Newsletter, and various other communication methods used by the department
This position may support other departments
- Bachelor’s Degree or seeking a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration or a related field
- Any equivalent experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be considered
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience in an office setting or in a customer service position
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the workday
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- The person in this position frequently communicates with management, coworkers, third party contractors, and customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
To apply for this position, please email your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the following subject line when sending. "Upper Chichester Township - Administrative Assistant / Permit Coordinator Position"